Please read carefully before using this service.
- Why we collect data. We collect certain data to be able to provide the Service to you. We also collect data for use in verifying your identity and creating credit scoring models to determine what Loans can be offered to you. We also use this data for purposes of collections and credit reporting.
- The data we collect. When you register for the Service, we will collect your M-Pesa number and telephone number and may also collect your name, age, email address or other contact information. With this information, we may cross-check your identity with third parties including the person you have provided as your referee. We will also collect data from your device for our credit scoring system. This includes information relating to your device, such as device make and model, operating system, installed software applications, and the unique user identifier. We may also collect your email and phone-book contacts and information related to device activity such as call logs, SMS logs and GPS location information. To supplement this information, we may also collect data from third parties such as credit bureaus and other financial institutions. By registering for the Service, you authorize the collection and processing of the foregoing data.
- How we transfer and store data. Because we are a part of an international group of companies with data-centers around the world, your data may be transferred to other countries including countries which do not have the same level of data protection laws as those in the country where you are located. We will, however, ensure that your data is protected to a strict standard.
- Who we share data with. We may share your data with third parties in certain circumstances. We may, for example, share data with:
- credit bureaus, in requesting credit histories or reporting loan defaults;
- collections agencies, in seeking to collect overdue Loans;
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies, to comply with the law;
- professional advisers, to enforce or defend our legal rights; or
- with a purchaser or seller in connection with a corporate event such as a merger, business acquisition or insolvency situation.